William Bogner Sr. and his wife Helen migrated from Italy to New York in 1925. William began working for Hebrew National and other sausage facilities perfecting his craft. Moving to Manchester Connecticut with his new family (sons William Jr, and Donald) he built by hand his slaughter house. William and his family worked the slaughterhouse selling fresh beef to local meat processors. Making sausages and wine became a passion. Friends and family would often come over to eat and drink the home made vino and sausages.
In 1965 sons William Jr and Donald built their meat processing plant on Wetherell Street Manchester and used their fathers recipes to make sausage products still made today. William Jr. sons Kurt, Robert, & David bought the business in 1992 and also acquired Stanleys Nutmeg Brand & Angellina Sausage company. When two large local meat company’s (Union Meat& Lewis Beef) ceased operations the Bogners hired their butchers and took over their marquee accounts. This enabled Bogners to become a full line center of the plate specialist that still exist today.
Our burger blends and cuts of meat are made to our customer specifications with quick turn time. This allows operators to free up capitol from inventory and keep fresh product on hand. In 2002 the Bogners also expanded into the high end pet food business. With the same dedication to quality and customer service both businesses operate independently to this day.